How to Help the Community During Covid 19
April 29th, 2020
On Havana Street Businesses want to help. Some of our businesses have asked how to help the community. Many BID businesses want to support the healthcare heroes, first responders, or local non-profits and the community near the district.
Please see the list of hospitals, first responders, nonprofits and organizations to support during these uncertain times.
If you would like to add to this list then please contact Chance at [email protected]
“UCHealth cannot thank our community enough for its enthusiastic support for our health care workers. For donation inquiries, please visit https://bit.ly/2xsUNva
and someone will get back to you with more information.
More Ways to Give
- Give blood: If you are interested in helping our community in others ways, we urge you to consider making a blood donation through the American Red Cross as our nation’s blood supplies are critically low.
- Financial support: If you are able and would like to help our community during this time, please consider making a financial contribution directly to your favorite non-profit organization or to one of our community’s COVID-19 response funds that will help numerous non-profits support those in need:
- PPE product donations: The Medical Center of Aurora truly appreciates the generous outpouring of support we are receiving from the communities we serve. However, based on current CDC guidelines, we are not accepting homemade masks at this time. We will gladly accept donations of manufactured, approved masks, face shields and other personal protective equipment from hardware stores, schools or other sources. Please complete the donation form below to coordinate a PPE donation.
- Donate food: If you would like to donate food or money to buy food for those in need, please consider making a donation to the Food Bank of the Rockies to help those struggling with hunger during this difficult period. If you are interested in donating food for our hardworking team members. We are so grateful for your support! We are following these food safety precautions and ask that all donors comply with these guidelines:
- We cannot accept homemade food
- All food must be individually wrapped and prepared in a commercial kitchen.
- There must be a list of ingredients, so those with food allergies know what is safe to consume.
We would appreciate the chance to gather some information from you that will make the process easy for you and for us. So, thanks for taking a moment to complete the form below at least 48 hours in advance of the donation delivery.
You will receive an email or text from a team member typically within 48 hours to coordinate your donation. We would like to acknowledge your generous gift in social media, but please let us know if you’d prefer to remain anonymous.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!
*Please note that donations to The Medical Center of Aurora and/or any of our facilities are not tax-deductible and receipts will not be given
The Medical Center of Aurora & Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital
1501 S. Potomac Street, Aurora, CO 80012
o. 303.695.2838 | [email protected]
Donations to the Aurora Police Department and Aurora Fire Rescue
Please contact Jamie at [email protected]
Provide Meals and Pay it Forward – Restaurants can provide a meal for our heroes in the community.
Dae Gee’s Joe Kim and Janet Pak — Support your local first responders. Give them a delicious meal. #pigout #daegee
A NON-PROFIT ON HAVANA STREET: WEE CYCLE
WeeCycle is a Colorado-based nonprofit working hard to improve the lives of local families in need. We collect, “weecycle” and match essential baby gear to families through partner organizations focused on alleviating poverty, homelessness, domestic violence, teen pregnancy and under-employment. By “weecycling” baby gear, we help keep children clean and safe and contribute to a healthier environment for their future.
READ MORE ABOUT WEECYCLE
Since early March, Wee Cycle partnered with area food banks, schools and other nonprofits in weekly emergency distributions of baby essentials such as diapers, wipes and baby formula. Due to unprecedented demand, they are seeking both financial support and in-kind donations of these essential items as they continue our emergency response efforts. Click here to donate.
Options to Donate to Mile High Behavioral Healthcare due to COVID-19 effects in support of:
The non-profit in also in search of other items. Placed in order of costs from most expensive to least:
- Commercial Refrigerator: We are seeking to fundraise $4,300 to purchase a new commercial grade refrigerator at Comitis Crisis Center. This need has increased due to the increase in food donations and accessibility due to COVID-19.
- Big shot out to Legends of Aurora Sports Grill for donating dinner to the Comitis Crisis Center and Aurora Day Resource Center (ADRC) tomorrow last Friday. We are seeking more local businesses to donate a meal for 200 individuals. If you are a local business owner or manager and are interested in donating breakfast, lunch or dinner to our guests at Comitis or the ADRC.
- We are reaching out to the community to see if there are any restaurant owners/managers or community groups who are seeking to give back by donating a meal for our staff. There have been some very hard working staff recently at our office and we would love to reward them with a quality meal for 15-20 people for lunch.
- Medical Masks – we are seeking these for our staff and guests at the ADRC and Comitis.
If you are interested in numbers 1-4, please email me at [email protected] or call/text 303-898-5507.