|Recipe of the Month
Dark Chocolate Budino
Italian style dark chocolate custard
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1.5 cup heavy cream
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla bean
1/2 LB dark chocolate
1. Slice vanilla lengthwise. Add cinnamon, vanilla bean, milk, and cream to sauce pot. Bring to a scald over medium high heat.
2. Cream together egg yolks and sugar in medium mixing bowl.
3. When milk mixture reaches a scald, slowly add to creamed egg mixture.
4. Return liquid to sauce pot and continuously stir over medium heat until mixture firmly coats the back of a spoon.
5. Place chocolate in medium mixing bowl.
6. Pour thickened hot mixture over chocolate and whisk to thoroughly incorporate ingredients.
7. Place Budino in serving vessel(s) and allow to set and chill for 2-4 hours.