News from Bettola Bistro – The Italian Bistro On Havana Street
September 3rd, 2020
Dine al fresco in our new patio area.
Newsletter / September / 2020
Updates from your favorite neighborhood bistro:
Social Distancing Safely……
Our patio and dining room are open for “dine-in” service and we are working closely with city officials to ensure the safety of our team and patrons. We kindly ask all guests to self monitor for any symptoms and refrain from entering the building until cleared from any potential illness. Body temperature for all team members and guests will be taken upon arrival and strict safety protocols have been put in place for the safety of our community.
Dinning Al Fresco!
Summer is almost over and our temporary patio seating is a hit with our guests! Patio seating is covered and surrounded with box gardens growing fresh herbs and flowers.
Opentable has been updated with the new floor plan and we also take reservations over the phone at the restaurant. Please call or visit Opentable to reserve a truly unique Bettola Bistro dinning experience.
Bettola Bistro / Monthly Feature Dinner Series !!!!
Join us for the launch of our feature dinner series Sept.21, 2020 as we welcome Chef / Educator / Butcher / Salumerie Mark Denittis. Get your RSVP on at [email protected]
These guys can throw down some pig!!!
Join Chef Socarras and the Bettola team for a pork pair-up we can’t wait to share…….
Sept. 21 / 4 course menu / salumi demo
seatings @ 6pm + 8pm
Safe social distancing dinning experience and butchery demo.
Our restricted space has become the perfect entertaining room! Come and enjoy a 4 course crafted menu and pairing as we watch chefs Denittis & Socarras do what they do best.
Tickets on sale now at Bettola Bistro. RSVP at [email protected]
Picking goodies from our garden has become a daily routine!
Summer is in full swing and so is the Bettola garden. Daily harvest specials featuring our grown with love vegetables…..
Recipe of the Month
Dark Chocolate Budino Italian style dark chocolate custard
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1.5 cup heavy cream
1 cinnamon stick
1 vanilla bean
1/2 LB dark chocolate
1. Slice vanilla lengthwise. Add cinnamon, vanilla bean, milk, and cream to sauce pot. Bring to a scald over medium high heat.
2. Cream together egg yolks and sugar in medium mixing bowl.
3. When milk mixture reaches a scald, slowly add to creamed egg mixture.
4. Return liquid to sauce pot and continuously stir over medium heat until mixture firmly coats the back of a spoon.
5. Place chocolate in medium mixing bowl.
6. Pour thickened hot mixture over chocolate and whisk to thoroughly incorporate ingredients.
7. Place Budino in serving vessel(s) and allow to set and chill for 2-4 hours.