Several Havana Business Improvement District – On Havana Street businesses are closed and/or limiting their hours and/or offering special services so you can support them from afar. We are tracking a list of On Havana Street business updates here, but please reach out to individual stores if you have questions. If you are an On Havana Street business and would like to be included in this list, please email [email protected].
The safety of On Havana Street visitors, businesses and residents is of the utmost importance to us here at the Havana Business Improvement District.
We want you to know that we are monitoring all recommendations and updates from government officials surrounding COVID-19 (novel coronavirus), and we will inform our stakeholders of relevant changes. The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our entire community remains healthy.
Some of the businesses in the 4.3 mile corridor are offering curbside pick-up, take out and delivery services. If you come by to pick up food, please do so quickly and with limited contact with others. See On Havana Street restaurant list here
We are also working to collaborate and share resources that will support our business district and small businesses at this time. More Details on resources to be shared. Stay Connected.
During this time of adjustments in social events, work schedules, and travel, we encourage support the small businesses in the 4.3 miles of On Havana Street and to continue supporting them, even if you cannot visit them physically.
Currently, many On Havana Street restaurants, stores, and establishments are taking extra steps to ensure their spaces are clean and safe for customers.
Follow guidance from public health officials (you can find all the latest COVID-19 information from the City of Denver’s Department of Public Health here and visit the City of Aurora’s COVID-19 Resources webpage. There is a series of three fact sheets available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Nepali, Vietnamese. Burmese, Karen, Amharic, and Tigrinya sheets are still being translated and will be added early this week.
The resource page is AuroraGov.org/COVID-19 regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette if and when visiting businesses and public spaces.
If you are not able to visit stores and restaurants physically, there are still things you can do to support our small and local businesses:
- Shop online or via phone. Many of On Havana Street’s retailers have online shopping available; our local and independent shops, retailers, restaurants, car dealerships, automotive services, markets, and service providers will help you get what you need via phone, email, or other methods, if necessary. Visit the On Havana Street Business Directory here
- Order your gifts and/or items you may have been waiting to buy now. Show your support for small business when they need it most.
- Purchase gift cards from your favorite local businesses to give as a gift or spend yourself next time you are able to visit their storefront. Visit the On Havana Street Business Directory here
- Large events may be cancelled, but small business in-store and online promotions continue. Check the On Havana Street event calendar and follow us Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on individual store events and promotions.
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in. Visit the On Havana Street Restaurant Directory list here
- We will be working to spread the word about takeout and delivery, as are several others — if you are offering these services, list your information at keepcalmcarryout.com and on Instagram using the hashtag #ColoradoCurbside.
- Please update us on the impacts of COVID-19 on your business. We are in touch with lawmakers on the local, state, and federal levels, and they have told us how important your stories are as they help us communicate the true economic impact. Please send stories that convey specific impact to us at [email protected] and [email protected] We will share your stories anonymously upon your request. Reach out to the Colorado Restaurant Association office at [email protected] or 303-830-2972, and standby for information more shortly.
- There are many digital ways you can continue to support small (and keep busy while you’re at home), like following and engaging with small businesses on social media, leaving a Yelp/Google review or adding photos to Yelp/Google Maps from a recent visit.
- Share this post and information widely so others know how to help.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of On Havana Street.
We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
For questions, please contact [email protected]
Be smart and stay safe, everyone. Our community of locally owned small businesses needs all of you to help us and one another get through this pandemic as safely and as quickly as possible. The best way to do that now is by social distancing.
We are so grateful for your support and thank you for supporting On Havana Street.